View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 AM
plainpat

This is the recipe craftybear posted & is very good.Be sure to add a bit of lemon juice or vinegar...I like rice vinegar,grated red onion & any veggie you like.I sub colby or longhorn cheese in pasta salad.
Layered Summertime Salad-Taste of Home Recipe

16 Servings Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Ingredients
2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup sliced green onions
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
4 cups torn romaine
1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved..can sub 1 box thawed green peas
1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder; set aside. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; toss with onions and half of the bacon.
In a large salad bowl, layer half of the romaine, pasta mixture, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, mayonnaise mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 186 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.

Originally Posted by martyquilter
I would love the receipe for pasta salad... made twice in the last month & has no taste, not sure what I am doing wrong... boy lots of good ideas here guys... I love this site!!!