View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 AM
the casual quilter
Banned

I have a 24" Nolting with Intellistitch and a 12 foot table. I don't have the Pro model, I have what is called the 2ISKN. I've had it for about 5 years. It's a great machine and is relatively trouble free. The only thing that is difficult with the model I have is making adjustments to the Intellistitch. It's not impossible, but it is cumbersome. I understand the the Intellistitch in the Pro is much simpler to make adjustments to, but since I don't have that model, I can't testify to it. Nolting's website has some good information about setting the adjustments on my model. One thing that I've found is that the customer service and technical support at Notling is outstanding. Which is a real plus.
I am in business to quilt for customers. I charge by the square inch for quilting. I do pantos and freehand. I do very little advertising and most of my business is by word of mouth and repeat business. One way to "get your name out there" is to offer to quilt a top for a quilt shop in exchange for displaying your name on the quilt as the quilter when it hangs in their shop. Also, some shops will allow you to do quilting through the shop on a referral basis. It takes a little time for word to get around, but once you are recognized as a good quilter the calls will start coming.
Hope this helps answer some questions.