View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 AM
NanaCsews2

When I buy specific fabric I have in mind for a pattern, I bundle it in small squares together with everything that goes with it. Sometimes I have to go through my folded stash (way more than I should have) and add to the bundles. The pattern or book with pattern is nestled neatly next to or underneath the fabric bundle. If I find a fabric I must have or have been given or found at yard sale, I go through my organized cabinets and pull out those that go with it. Those bundles go in a separate cabinet. I don't go back over those bundles and pull out any of the fabric for another project. Taking out of my stash I know what I have and don't when looking for fabric for the next project in mind. I can't/don't ear-mark a fabric twice as I never know how much will be left over when a project is done. This works slick and is always organized. I use workbooks and a binder to record everything. I started this early on in quilting, and I think if I stopped doing this, I would have my own little chaos issues. When someone I will make a quilt for asks for something, I show them the bundles and patterns already decided. If they don't choose one of those, they can 'shop' my stash. Works for me, may not work for everyone.