View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 AM
NannySandy

I am happy for you and your purchase of your new featherweight. I think it is so cute. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I own an old featherweight, but I am in no way a featherweight snob. I do not think there are no other machines, other than featherweights. I also do not like to rain on others parades, and dont like to see others do that either. I am sorry you have gotten negative comments about your new machine. It all comes down to personal preference. I also own a husqvarna, which was expensive and I wish I had never purchased. But my favorite machine is my old 1974 singer, which is not a featherweight. I know 74 inside and out. I can fix whatever breaks and it has stood the test of time. When my expensive Husq is on the fritz, I work on my 74. I purchased my featherweight to carry back and forth to FL (from AL) with me on my monthly visits. I bought it simply because it is lightweight. I use it for piecing my quilt tops when I am away from home. I thought it was cute and the lightweight hooked me. Now that I see your machine, I wouldn't mind having a lightweight with all the features. But, I have enough machines for now. I do hope you enjoy your new machine and when others rain on your parade, ignor them. People with negative comments should not even post. Have a Blessed day. Sandy