Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM
karenm36

Originally Posted by NancyG
Very cute......so cute, in fact, I went ahead and ordered the pattern. Thanks for sharing the info. Noodle-head had some really cute pics of totes made up by others, to get different fabric ideas. They are all really nice.
When you get the pattern...here's just a couple of suggestions...Cut your handle first...(she notes it more of an after thought) so that if you want it longer than the suggested 26 inches you can plan for it and not hope after the pieces are cut that you have enough! Also, the pattern doesn't call for batting or fusible material for the handle...which I found I like it a lot better when there is more substance to the handle and it's more comfortable on my shoulder. Lastly, on the magnet...when you attach it to the material of the lining she said she added batting behind it. I definitely do that and also then iron some of the fusible stuff your using for the lining on top of the batting just to hold it in place and make it a bit more secure.

Hope you enjoy the tote as much as I have! It's amazing how much it holds without being overly large!