Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.
It does seem to be slicker - When it is dried out it goes to a dry powder rather than gummy
If you haven't oiled your AnnieRose you might want to open up the top and oil her - if she is gummy - I have my suspicions... you might want to clean her up with some kerosene and dissolve some of the gum. If you switch to tri flo you want to STAY with it. You can get CLEAR high grade sewing machine oil and it would help too. I like the tri-flo because I don't like cleaning up after gummy messes - been there done that.
There's several oil wicks in 301's top cover, just put a drop of oil in each one; also make sure you get a drop of oil in all the oil holes throughout the entire machine.
I just might have to get my 301 out and see if I can get her to make a pretty stitch.
Sharon W.