Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Do you have a favorite moment or memory of something you and your child or children shared?

One of my favorite memories of my middle child Nathan was one Christmas time. I worked in a Christian book store and my kids would come to the store after school and help. A week before Christmas my son was 12. He and his best friend went shopping just down the street from the book store. They came back and asked if they could bring a box into the store. I said yes and they came in the door lugging this huge box- it was a box that had contained a console tv(very large!)
I wasn't allowed to look in it. They had gone to a local second hand store after getting the box from a tv store down the block and had filled the box with harlequin books from the second hand store and the box was very heavy!!! THey put their skate boards under it and one pushed while the other held the box together and brought it to the store!!! We got it in my van and took it home. I had no idea what was in it!
When I opened it on Christmas morning I was stunned! There were over 300 books in it!!!

My son Nathan and I had this one upmanship thing going on at the time. I had him wrap gifts for the store and while he was doing this I added his Christmas gifts -boxed of course- and he wrapped his own gifts without knowing it! It was a fun time in our lives!!