Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 AM
collettakay

I'm fornutate that I don't have to work outside the home at this point. (Who knows about the future?) I have a 7 soon to be 8yr old in 3rd grade and a 2 year old. During the day its usually just me and the LO. Naptime, Barney and Sesame Street are great for sewing time.

She loves to "help" me clean but its usually get messed up 5 minutes later so I make myself not obsess about the housework. I keep a calendar to keep myself on track with appts and "chores" I usually set Monday's and Tuesday to clean. I break the house into 2 halves so that I don't have so much pressure in one day. Wednesday are projects day where I work on my quilting/sewing/etc. projects. Thursday are groceries, errands and Friday's are bills and straightening up the house and sometimes an afternoon of reading (during nap). All done with my "helper"

Add onto the main stuff: Girls Scouts, Softball, PTO, Church events (at least 2-3 evenings a week), onine time, quilt guild and a few committees I'm on.

I talked to my mom about a grandma/granddaughter one afternoon a week just so I can actually have some alone time. DH took both girls to with him to my oldest's softball practice the other night and I had 1.5 hours of alone time. I can't remember the last time that happened. That's what gave me the afternoon at grandma's idea.

I can sympathize with all you ladies that have to work 40-50 hrs at a job then come home and take care of everything there also. Been there, done that and don't think could handle it again. I pray I don't have to at least until the LO is in school.