View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Sewfine

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Some may not agree with this message and I will probably get banned from this message board, but here goes anyway.

I joined this message board back in April 2009, when admittedly there were fewer of us here. Back then, it seemed nearly all the messages were quilting related. I've always tried to read each and every post daily in both the Main and Pictures sections. And tried to make appropriate comments, including assistance and encouragement.

Lately, I feel we've gotten away from this being a Quilter's Message Board. There seem to be too many posts with general sewing (Bow Tucks bags and clothing) and other hobbies (Antique sewing machine repair and needlepoint). I am finding it increasingly difficult to read all the posts now and am less inclined to do so, as I have no interest in these other activites. If I did, I would join a message board for those activities.

I sincerely feel, we need to get back to this message board's original purpose of quilting and eliminate many of the non-quilting related posts.
There may be some posting of animals that does not relate to quilting, but other than that, I do not see anything wrong with the messages that are being posted. That's why there are different areas of posting certain messages. Sometime quilters and sewers have so much going on and need someone to vent too, other than family members who are none sewers or quilters and may not understand us. Other quilters may have had the same trouble as how to complete a project or which sewing machine to buy too get our moneys worth for the amount of sewing we do and can help us make a decision, offer some comforting advise. No matter what post I clicked on, I have find some helpful information; whether it's how to finish a quilt, what is the best finishing touch to put on a quilt, what design should be used with certain fabric. I know I have spend a hold day on the board reading every section and post. I find it very interesting and veeeeeeeeery helpful to me. Don't mean to cross anyone. I think a person has to be strong enough to view only those posting that concerns quilting, since that's what they are here for. But if you are addicted, like me; I sat one day aside to view everything. Education is plentiful to me. Some of the project posted here, I never would have attempt, but I did, now I have to get the courage to post the inperfect finished project.