Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Nancy (BoJangles) I owe you an apology because some weeks ago you asked me to post a photo of the machines covers I made and while I took a photo, I didn't get time to post it then completely forgot until I just looked for the HC photo for Jan.

Each one of my Janome's has it's own cover made from pre-quilted calico (muslin) which I embroidered with some grub roses and a monogram (both freebie designs).

The Brother shortarm quilter has a small quilt as a fitted cover would have been too time consuming to fit around the Handi Handles etc on the frame.

While I'm at it, here's a photo of the old spools of Sylko thread I was given via Freecycle recently, then I bought a shadow box frame to keep them dust free. These sit on a long hall table with two primitive style rag dolls and the Beale HC.

Bronwyn ;-)
Bronwyn, I love the machine cover! What an easy way to make a cover - using pre-quilted fabric! I love the embroidery too, but it would be cool to put the machine name on each cover so when you wash them you always know which machine gets which cover!

The shadow box is a great idea too! I will have to post a picture I have of a shadow like box I was given made to hold very old scissors!

Nancy