View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 AM
candi

A very interesting discussion, thanks for starting it. I am a fairly new quilter, I made my first quilt in 2008-2009 and that is when I joined the board. I had no sewing experience at all and almost everything went over my head..husband and me had to relocate and abandoned quilting and the board for almost two years...I got back into it(in full force) back in April of last year and I must say I love the board a lot more now than I did back then.
I mainly hang out in pictures, BOM and swaps here...I don't belong to a guild and the board gives me the chance for show and tell and Quilters interaction.I cruise the Main section to see if any title interests me, if they do, I check them out. Mainly though, and this is just my personal opinion, the Main section contains a lot of repetitive information..most of the questions posted already have been answered in many topics in the past..sometimes there are more than one current topic asking the same question! Doesn't bother me, but mainly bores me...if the Main section was the only one the board has, I probably won't visit it as often as I do. That being said, this is a free forum where Quilters can come together and discuss various quilt related topics(other topics are bound to slip in),I don't however feel that I even have the right to complain about any of it, if I don't like a topic, I just don't view it, and if the board ever becomes boring to me, I just would quit visiting. :P

I am sorry you feel that the board has changed to the worse, but remember that it is a free venue and you can choose to go where you want and avoid places you don't care to go.