Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 AM
QuiltyLisa

Hello I am Lisa and I am a fabric-aholic. I have a pretty good size stash. I don't buy fabric for specific projects unless I am looking for a specific fabric for a project i am working on and don't have exactly what I need.
I buy fabric every few months when I can get to a quilt shop and afford it and then I buy whatever strikes my fancy. I have a quilt journal that I take with me and in that journal I have basically drawn my quilts (all the ones I have been thinking of doing and getting the ideas out of my head and down on paper) and put down ideas of colors I would like to use .I also have a swatch of every fabric I own in it. Okay its more of a BIG binder then a journal. This way I make sure I don't buy the same fabric twice. And I always buy at least a yard of a fabric I like.
My mother-in-law also helps build my stash up. She sends Christmas and all birthday presents wrapped in fabric and do I get some way cool fabrics.
I saved up all the Christmas fabrics for a few years and made my MIL a nice patchwork lapquilt for Christmas.

Lisa