View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Rosie the "Ripper"

I am thrilled you found your Granny's machine. Just in case anyone else is looking for a new machine you might consider this option. I just bought a BabyLoc from Jackman's here in St.ouis. You may not have a Jackman's Fabric store where you are, BUT you may have a deal like this where you are. Jackmans gives lessons in sewing and quilting and after a year, they sell their classroom machines for 50% off. I just happened to be taking lessons when this happened. The company came out with another updated version of the same machine after these had only been used for four months. They had to start using the new ones right away, so the old ones were sold then. It's a great machine. They cleaned it all up, serviced it, packed it in the original box. It is just like BRAND NEW. You get the same warranty on it like a new machine PLUS free lessons on using it.
The lessons are given in sets of four mornings a month. You can take the lessons as many times as you want. I am starting my second set next month. I am still not 100% comfortable with my machine, but I can review what I learned last month and learn even more the second time around.
The teacher is great and very helpful. There are only two other ladies in the class so I feel like I am getting private lessons.
You might check into this concept if you have a store that gives lessons using their machines. Good Luck!