View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Airwick156

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.
While sewing on my patio yesterday...I was able to sew the binding onto 2 quilts (twin size) and finished one block for the Celebration Sampler Quilt. That makes 10 done 7 more to go. On one of the quilts, I pinned the binding on and then sewed it. On the second one, I used the glue method..OMG that was fun and I will be doing that again. I DID NOT buy any special tip I just squeezed it out of the small glue bottles little tip. I just made sure that it was a thin line of glue. Pressed it for a few seconds and moved on to the next section. The corners turned out PERFECT....woohoo. Then I flipped it over and glued down that side and pressed it, took me about 45 minutes to do it all as it was the first time I did it and then I did a zigzag stitch and BOTH sides were even and caught so I was HAPPY AS CAN BE. :) Everyone should try it. But just make sure to use WASHABLE school glue.