View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 AM
QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by kathy
i'm confussed (easily done) why would it take a different bobbin? and what is the difference in them?
Nearly every machine comes with it's correct bobbins when new but as you get a few machines, like me, and I do Patchwork classes, the bobbins can get mixed up, as in my case. The one that wouldn't work when doing FMQ turned out to be a smidgen smaller and a bit more domed, don't know what machine they belong to but at least I know what my Elna ones look like now. Check out the number and model of your machine and check the required bobbins, a site like this one is very useful for them: http://www.singermachines.co.uk/sewi...parts/bobbins/

If you have a modern machine got to your LQS, take the model and make details with you and there will be a display of all the bobbins, on cards normally, and you can check out the correct one for your machine.

BTW never ever use plastic bobbins on the older, vintage type machines, as they didn't make plastic ones then, you must use the metal ones as the weight makes a difference with the tension as well.