Old 06-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
This decal is called "Red Lilies", I think, and yours is quite beautiful. I have one like it and love it. I don't remember for sure, but think it takes a regular 15 x 1 needle.
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Frister and Rossmann--
I went and picked up my $40.00 STEAL today. It is a beautiful handcrank. The serial number is 1274841. I found one just like it on Sewmuse and they had it dated about 1904. The badge says "Manufactured in Germany by Frister & Rossmann. Sole Agen W. Pierssene, 49 Fore St,
London EC.
She is gear driven machine and has everything she needs but a needle. The one needle with her is broken. The shuttle is there and one bobbin. The bobbin winder rubber is not good, but no surprise there. I never thought I would find such a beautiful machine. There is a celuloid tag on the wood that has been cleaned at some time and the lettering wiped off. I am trying every way I can to see what it says. This is what I think I can see so far:
M-- DUNN --S
NEW ITI ----------YNE
The first line is bigger lettering. The second line is smaller and I am not sure that any of those letters are correct. It is probably the dealer that sold the machine. Any ideas, anyone???

Texas Jan
My books show a 12x1 or a Boye 23 but it may not show all of the F&R's. I hope it does take a 15x1 that sure would make life a lot easier for her!

Billy
Nope, you're right. I just went and took mine out to make sure, and now I have to put it back in. Dang!! At least it's not a needle that's too hard to find.