Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
quiltswithdogs

Hi, I have quilted about 80+ projects so far: pillows, quillows, wallhangings, small framed landscapes, placemats, lapquilts, 2 twinsize-bed quilts, 1 kingsize-bed quilt, and I have several WIP. Except for blocks sometimes repeated for different people's gift pillows, I have never done the same pattern twice. There are just too many untried ones still out there for me to do! One WIP is my first using the same block over and over, I don't know how I will do the sashing and borders yet. My larger projects are all different patterns and techniques. I've done traditional patterns, newer ones I've found, used those blocks for a sampler once (so far), and created unique appliques, special for the recipient, sometimes with embellishments. I like to create landscape scenes and photo quilts. I've done patterns from books, magazines, online, and calendars, both new and classic.

So, as you can see, I do not have a favorite... I want to try it all!
I still have many older and modern patterns I want to make as well as a crazy quilt and the simple yellowbrick road too. Too little time!

When the day comes, my daughters weddings will be the last bed size quilts I make since the size is hard for my hands. Also due to my medical condition, I can no longer applique by hand; my hoops just sit there and make me sad so I hid them from view. I found paper foundation piecing hard to be considered fun, but may try it again someday, with a better teacher .

I do have one strong preference; the old traditional patterns. I seem to make those most often, in all size projects.