Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM
TonnieLoree

I made my first quilt by myself when I was 17 for an anniversary present. 5 years later they gave it back saying it was too warm....I made one for my brother and SIL for a wedding gift, 7 years later when they were moving, I noticed that it was used to tarp a piano........Then I started making them for myself. I still have the first on my bed. It is a very homely scrap quilt, but me and all of my animals stay warm. In 1997 I made a quilt to raffle off for the American Legion. In 1998-2006 I made them to raffle off for the VFW. When my ex-MIL and FIL finally got their sail boat to float I made them the perfect quilt to fit in the hull of the boat where their bed was. I made a tumbling block quilt for my ex-DH to take on the road for the sleeper of his truck. I made another one a bit later which my ex-BF talked me into letting him have because he was not man enough to go out and get a job to afford to keep his sorry arse warm.

In the process of this seemingly horror story, I have managed to complete 13 wall hangings and various gifts for friends that don't "rely" on me. I have also donated around 20 quilts to the Sheriffs Office for the children that are taken into protective custody. I am currently working on a Log Cabin wall hanging that I will send to my friend Karen that proved transportation for me when I was gravely ill in 2006. I am designing a wall hanging for my great friend, Heidi who works with those existing with Aids/Hiv. I'm hoping that they can use that for some sort of raffle. I have another one for my friend Rachel who is a regional director for HUD, and helping the homeless. (This will be a wonky selection of houses! I think she'll love it!) Please don't tell her though.

So yes, this is how my quilting time is spent. Little BU is telling me it is time for bed and I agree. G'nite :-)