View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:29 AM
RugosaB

LOL

Thanks for posting, it brought back lots of memories of driving, from the Toledo area, to the vet in North Ridgeville,. We call him Dr Hutch

This is totally unrelated to floppy arms, but years ago, I made an appt with him. He's well known for reproductive work for dogs, and my girl was at the exact stage in her heat that a surgical implant, of the sperm I got from Ca and waiting at Hutch's, should be implanted in her uterus. The sperm was thawing, and couldn't be refrozen.

So I got about 20 minutes from his clinic, on the turnpike,and stopped to pee. I had driven my husband's truck because this was so importnat, that it be done on this day, and we figured the truck was more reliable.

I come out of the rest stop, and I can't get the truck started. I was frantic! A guy and his wife tried to get it to go, and, it might have been stupid of me, but a young guy who was going that way, and heard the story of a dog that needed to make babies, took us. He offered to do this before he even knew what kind of dog I had, for all he knew, I had a big ol' stinky St Bernard.

We talked a little along the way, and he was going to Cleveland to look into starting a bakery!

(We made it, my girl had her surgery, that resulted in 7 puppies, and my husband came to see the truck. It was such a minir thing, whenever it was parked with the front tires against a curb, like in a parking lot, the gear shift thing had to be moved really hard, and since the vehicle was new, I didn't want to force it. It was extremely easy for him to shift it.)

Thanks for the memories