View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:44 AM
cjaye44

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Tell me abt it...I found my redeye, my first vintage and within 4 wks I owned a 301, 301A and Elna Grasshopper...Still looking for a reasonably price featherweight
I answered an ad on Craig's List Sat. for a floor lamp with magnifier and came away with not only the lamp but a white FW. She had bought it several years ago from a friend for $15 but didn't know how to thread it or wind a bobbin and asked me if I could show her. I did then her husband asked if I would be interested in buying it since his wife had gone back to work and didn't have time for sewing. I asked him what he wanted and he said $30!!! I know my jaw dropped but I agreed before he changed his mind...lol. The handle on the case is broken but that's no biggie...I can live with that...I'll just have a leather one put on...who cares if it's not the original green color. I now have a grand total of 15 vintage machines!! I never really wanted a FW (mainly because they have gotten so expensive) but this was meant to be...or so I keep telling myself. This is an addiction!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216909.jpe