Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Great-great granny
Banned

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Does she get an allowance?

If so, have her come up with the money to go?

I noticed that DGDs were more reluctant to spend "their" money than their Dad's or mine!

I guess it depends on who is paying. If it's that important to her - and she and her friends are willing to spend "their" money on it - let them!

If you are the one "directly" paying for the ticket and snacks - then I think YOU are the one that gets to choose where to go.
I agree - it's too easy to 'spend' mom's $$$ - maybe she can "earn" her way, or maybe a good teaching moment -

MANY years ago when the Beach Boys came to town & I had an opportunity to take my teen twin girls to see them, they were told "If you clean up your room I will take you" - wellll be careful what you threaten, because they didn't, & I didn't. BUT they did remember that the next time.

That same year the Beatles came to the USA for the 1st time, & I had the same opportunity to take them (they did what I ask them this time). At the time, I was a sheriff's deputy in Las Vegas - as an officer, I had to pull duty that nite at the concert, & the dept. sent cars to PU all the officers & they OFFERED to let me bring the girls to see them. (they were 13 at the time - scored some pretty big points on that one)

I also agree w/bluteddi - how do the other parents feel about paying that price, or are those girls maybe 'earning' their way?

Good luck, I'm just happy I'm not raising kids in the crazy world out there today - I feel sorry for all the peer pressure & what kids have to face out there.