Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM
q.alba

I have to tell you that I was at the Paducah quilt show in April and I saw that In the Beginning fabric. I fell in love with it!! The vendor had a kit but it was not large enough for what I think I wanted so I was going to have to buy more material. She told me that one of the fabrics was already sold out in her shop. She still had the others but would not be getting anymore due to the economic times only so much was being produced and that was it.

Well, I bought the kit and the pattern book then ended up going to Hancocks-Paducah and that store had all the collection including the one the vendor no longer had available. Had to take a breather, (too much fabric and quilt looking) so I left and grabbed a bite to eat. I sat there thinking about what the vendor said and decided to go back to Hancock's and buy it. I went back with no plan, not sure how much more I would need, but just bought some more of several of the designs.

I have to tell you that I was still fretting about whether or not I would have enough material. I was obsessed! Don't know when I will get around to making this quilt top but just know that it will be after this material is available SO I decided I had to do something about it. Last week a friend and I went to Paducah to the quilt museum since she had never been there and I HAD to stop at Hancock's and purchase more of this collection! I think I now have enough of the blue Camelot In the Beginning fabric for another quilt. :)

Never have felt this way about a fabric before. I think it is because the color/pattern is one that I think will be hard to "match" later on.

So, Hancock's has this collection (but at least one design was absent last week) minus my purchases.