Old 06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I need a perspective or an attitude adjustment.

The situation: the final Harry Potter movie is coming out next month. There is a midnight showing.

DD (14) is "the biggest HP fan in the world" and wants to go to the midnight premier, and wants to get a bunch of her friends to go to.

We live in a world with choices, though...

Theater #1 is 10 minutes away, the ticket price is $12 and snacks are expensive. This is a newer theater.

Theater #2 is 25 minutes away, tickets are $6 and the snacks cost about half as much. This is an old theater.

DD wants to go to theater #1. I told her that I though it was overpriced and that we should plan on going to theater #2, and that it is rather arrogant to assume that her friends are all willing and/or able to pay twice as much as they need to to see the movie. (I am willing to transport DD and 6 of her friends in our gas-guzzling van.)

She burst into tears and said that I "don't understand how important this is to her".

Parents who have survived teenage girls, what's your take on this? (Boys just don't react in this way, I've noticed...)
You could always tell her, that in order to go the more expensive place than snacks/beverages are out of the question or they can go to the less expensive place and enjoy both..movie and snacks :thumbup: