Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

The worst thing about owning a business is being tied down!

We owned a country store in the heart of the Uwharrie National Forest for 26 years. We were open from 6:00 am until 9:00pm unless it was hunting season and then it was 5:00 am to 10:pm, 364 days a year, (closed Christmas Day). We had a little part time help sometimes and our children helped. All learned how to run register at an early age. I did all the running with the children, (7) when they were in school. We missed out on a lot of things because of the hours. When you own a business, you have to be there if you want to be successful at it. The store was good to us, all 7 went on to college, but very hard work. I kept all my quilting supplies in the store and quilted there. Had my floor frame set up there. The lighting was great and I do miss that when I get ready to quilt now. :lol: :lol:
We sold out 2 years ago and never looked back. We miss the people, but nothing else. You do not get rich owning a small business.

Every day when we drive by it, I say thank you Lord I don't have to go there today.

If I owned a quilt shop, I would go bankrupt soon! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie