Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 AM
cindit

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
THESE FOLLOWING WORDS ARE FROM MY BROTHER =A FATHER OF 3 GIRLS= They gotta be COOL Seen at only the coolest places Wear only the coolest cloths shoes jewelry etc etc as long as its OPM... Give her options --You'll give her $12 period she then can opt for the over priced ticket and no snacks OR the cheap ticket and snacks But heres the hard part AS the PARENT You can ONLY give her $12 NO matter which option she chooses He said it was a good lesson on money management Little GrassHoppers spent their movie nite money wisely Tickets and snacks :-)
I am a parent of 3 daughters too. I agree with this father. A 14 year old's self esteem is really fragile and if she is organizing this thing, which she must be if you are driving, she wants it to be at the cool place so her friends won't think she's lame. Even I remember that from when I was 14. She won't be 14 forever, and you will both have the memory of the fun time you had. However, I love the idea of giving her $12 and telling her she can choose movie AND candy or movie/no candy. I'm pretty darn sure she will choose the "no candy" option. She can spring for candy from her own money or go without.