View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 AM
Lady Diana

Just a suggestion...you should not worry about "less to go wrong" with computerized machines. This is where technology has taken us, thank goodness. The computerized machines are very dependable, particularly the Janomes. I have had computerized machines for 30 years and never had a single problem with the computer portion of them. I have two 6600's one for home other for cabin,Janome 3160 for classes, and 350E for embroidery...oops almost forgot the 9000. If you piece alot, I would get the 6600 for both FMQ and piecing. The 6600 has a bobbin, foot, and plate that is designed specifically for FMQ. Both my 6600 and 3160 have the auto thread cutter. Would not purchase a machine without this feature. You never have to stop to snip threads and you don't have threads hanging or threads on you or the floor...you just push the button and keep sewing. Don't get me wrong, the non computerized machines have been workhorses through the years...I still have some stored in a closet. They are clunky and really heavy machines. PM me for a good source for Janome and discount Janome accessories.
D in TX