Thread: teenagers
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
b.zang

Originally Posted by Courtepointe
Give them to me! I am a high school teacher, and I love teenagers. They are open to new ideas, not usually jaded by bad experiences, fun-loving, generally positive, hard-working, interested, and curious. Of course, there are the more challenging ones. In talking to parents, we are usually surprised to discover that they are very different at school than at home. Sometimes great students, horrible kids, and vice-versa. Overall, I find they give me lots of energy and positivity. And the tough ones make me come home and sew my frustrations out, so they are good motivators!
Hear! Hear! I'll take the rest. Not only do I work in a high school with teenagers, I work with the most difficult of them all. I think I'm becoming the school grandma and the teens treat me accordingly.
They teach me as much as I teach them - and I let them know it.

Teenagers keep me young.

I regret sometimes that I couldn't have my own kids back as teenagers, those were such exciting years. No, not all fun and games, but definitely stimulating.

Something too many people forget is that teenagers are still children in many ways and NEED their parents for direction, rules and just plain loving 'em up.