Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 AM
arimuse

well, think back when you were a kid. what was the one thing you remember you wanted and your mom just didnt "get". In 5th grade I wanted saddle shoes so bad my teeth ached. She got me buster browns! Good Grief, buster browns! I had to wear remedial shoes one whole school yr! Those "dam" shoes never wear out! I remember wanting a poodle skirt, too - never happened. Now, I'm 63 and I still remember her just not understanding how much it meant to me.

If its nothing too expensive or outrageous (eyebrown piercing comes to mind lol) why is it a bad thing? I think this last HP is in 3D which seems to be in the more expensive movie houses (I know where I go for movies they just cant show 3D, I asked and they need special equipment they can't afford to put in. )
Just make sure all her friends can really afford it, and if they can only afford the tickets then no snacks - they wont die if they have to split a huge bx of popcorn, and you usually can get free refills if you buy the biggest bx anyway. One huge bx can be your treat if they can pony up the ticket cost.

I think the kids what to be there cus it's "the thing" "the place to BE"- they will always remember when they saw the last HP. Like we remember seeing the first "Star Wars". She will love it and if you discuss it w/ her its a great way to get into her head and see her world thru her eyes. She will like that, that you care about her stuff.

I also wouldnt let a 14 yo go to the movies by herself - boy or girl - in a group or alone even for a matinee. If she whined about that I wouldnt let it slide - I'd make sure I went even if I sat somewhere else in the theater. We didnt let hub's son go alone until he was 16 and had a drivers license (that was 10 yrs ago now). He either went with us both, or one of us (I saw a LOT of action movies back then), or with a friend and their parents.( Where on the planet would be the best place a nutjob could find a huge amt of kids roaming around but at a HP movie!) sharet