Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 AM
AbbyQuilts

Thanks everyone! My husband should of told me sooner. I knew she was pregnant but I didn't think we would get her anything and men just don't think of things like baby gifts. I had no clue as to how far along she was.

I was going to start it over the weekend but I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. Nothing was coming to me. So last night I was going through my magazines and books I have and I saw the prairie point pinwheels in a mag. Thats what started it lol at was at 9pm when I came up with the pattern. Then I decided to pair it up with some 4 patch but the 4 patch looked to plain so then I got out all my books and looked at the applique patterns and I found the little flower. and the whipped up quilt was born.

I guess you could say its my pattern sourced form many
ideas :idea: lol I am sure someone has come up with something similar if not exact so I am not going to worry about it.

as for time well I found the prairie point pinwheels at around 9pm. so from start to finish it took me from 9pm to 3:30am so 6 1/2 hours with a few breaks to come check out the board of course and get my help for applique lol (love the search here) and now I have to get back on that sewing machine and get it done! lol wish me luck!