Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 AM
shelburn

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by shelburn
Update on my old "New Home" treadle machine. I have been cleaning and polishing and soaking and scrubbing "Cora's" body, but was not able to figure out the shuttle and bobbin threading. Also didn't know much about needle size or whether it was threaded from front or side.
My DH and I went away for a couple of days and my eletronics engineer son fiddled with it and when I got back, he had it sewing a fine seam!! Am so pleased! There is a picture of it on this vintage thread on pg. 1034 if anyone is interested. Found the relics website and am pretty sure that I have found a manual for this machine. Will send for it when I finish the Antique riding clothes relining job. Want to do a doll quilt on it!
Will now try to locate a coffin cover for it. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to search.
Congratulations to your son for getting the New Home treadling! And, wow you are re-lining antique riding clothes? Are you a member of a renaissance riding club?

Nancy
Yes, you could say I belong to a renaissance riding club. It is called New Engand Aside. We collect, repair, buy and sell period side-saddle clothes, saddles and anything connected to side-saddle riding. We have been group since 1980 and have had many adventures through people we have met. It has been great. I don't ride much any more but still have my Tenn. Walker gelding. I do most of the sewing, repair of clothing an also love to copy pictures of old habits for people who want them.
Looking at your avatar, it looks like you are into horses too. My horse is 32 years old and we are growing old together!