Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 AM
omak

I like traditional, usually bright/dark combinations, though I am trying to learn using light colors a bit more.
I got interested in quilting because of the angles and the colors, and finding my real color choices has not been successful, but I keep trying, positive that someday, I will be able to say "I Make XYZ colored quilts".
One of the threads I read, the lady said she had "COD" ... which is one of my things ... can get fixated on a lava lamp, for crying outloud!
The production work that I learned at the factory is very satisfying to me. When Elenor Burns tell me to cut out all the pieces of a quilt at one time - - I am SO there! But for the most part, I enjoy the sampler quilts because they tell a story.
I have this NEED, though, from time to time, to just grab a box, cut measurements from every piece of fabric in there, and just production sew until I reach the end of that box ... (HINT: If your fabric is safely stored in a container, do not be fooled into thinking that cutting five inches off every piece of fabric in the box will lessen the amount of fabric. The chances of your being able to make the scraps fit back into that container is nil! I am thinking that air causes the stash to expand, so don't let air get to your fabric <g>)
Anyway, I really like scrap quilts, but even there I try to maintain CONTROL! COntrol is very important ... and doing production sewing. A couple of months ago, I gave myself permission to actually sew the same thing over and over until I was at the end of every piece of fabric in that box ... just cut five inches off one piece of fabric ...
1064 flying geese later, I was a very happy COD person ... what am I going to do with them? It started because I wanted some scrappy flying geese for a project ... I didn't want to spend time trying to figure out how many I needed, so I just cut and stitched. Still haven't gotten to the original project, but did use the flying geese in a project I didn't even know was going to show up ... I know they will find a home, so I am not too worried.
So, where is this quilter? She likes traditional, colors, angles, scrappy, sampler ... and REALLY likes sewing the same thing over and over for a couple of weeks at a time. Other than that - - she seems normal! LOL
LOts of plans, life is good!