View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Jennalyn

My latest quilt top finished, yay! When this comes back from the long-armer's and I finish binding, it will officially be my third completed quilt. I'm so pleased.

For the pattern, I decided to play with Missouri Star Quilt Co's strip tube piecing tutorial for a "Summer in the Park" quilt. My friend lives in California, her favorite colors are blue and green, and she's very involved in the state parks because of her Mom. This jelly roll from Tuesday Morning was just perfect for her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc

The quilt ended up larger than I'd expected due to a slight miscalculation. I'd gone into this intending to make a lap quilt and came out with one just barely smaller than twin-sized and will fit nicely enough on her double bed. Not a bad thing at all! Definitely not something I'm willing to quilt myself, though. I'm so lucky that a wonderful long-armer lives on our island!

I learned a lot in piecing this top, a lot about bias edges, ironing, seams, and seam measurements. It's by no means perfect, but all of the points either match or come very close, for which I'm grateful. I think it turned out fun!

I love the double hourglass that just naturally results from the pattern. Can't recommend this piecing technique enough!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217645[/ATTACH]

Large enough to stretch across my parents' queen-sized bed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217646[/ATTACH]

A close-up of the fabrics from the roll of Stripz.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217647[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217639.jpe   attachment-217640.jpe   attachment-217641.jpe