Thread: wall hanging?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 PM
peggymunday

Originally Posted by wannaquilt1
Originally Posted by peggymunday
Depending on how you want it to look, you can also do it super simple (and cheap) by just hand stitching a roman shade ring to the back a few inches in from either side, and below the edge. I use this frequently and it works great. I needed it especially for the ones I hang in our local library, since they are hung on a concrete wall and I'm using the stick up hooks to display. My wallhanging quilts are lightweight and around 34" square so I placed the rings about 3" in on either side and made sure they were taut between the hooks so it didn't flop in the center. I know this isn't the most proper hanging technique but it does work.
wow that's great! where do you get those hooks? I think I might do that!
You can find them with the drapery accessories in Hancock Fabrics, and in Walmart with the sewing supplies. They're about 5/8" they're made of plastic. I buy them in bulk from Atlanta Thread and Supply (1000 in box) to use for making roman shades.

Oops, I just re-read that and you said HOOKS - you mean the plastic hang up hooks - you can find them just about anywhere. They're from 3M and called Command Brand hooks. They work on just about anything and no holes. They have a sticky base that removes with no mess just by pulling on the bottom of the strip - "Damage-Free Hanging".