Thread: Ugly Quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 AM
sewjoyce

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh my--I usually think the "ugly" ones aren't that bad--but I saw the colors in this one and in my giddy-still-catching-up-on-my sleep-state-I just can't stop laughing--I can't believe someone felt they belonged in a kit! Oh my--I have tears... sorry... :lol: :lol: But--every quilt finds a home... :wink:

I need to go finish this giggling...
You are to be COMMENDED for actually getting the quilt top completed. And, I know it will get loved to death.... can't you just see it in a drab hospital room? They NEED it ... if I didn't feel good, I'll bet that quilt would cure me or ....
anyway <g> I don't think the quilt is ugly ... it is bright, but that doesn't make it ugly. Have you considered running down the person who cut the kit? I would really want to know where they were so you can keep an eye on them.
The quilt isn't ugly ... uh ... I have a box of pink fabric, did you want that to add to it? Lucky you ... I do not own any of that green, though I do like granny smith apple green ...
Wait until the skies are gray, and you will see that your quilt is JUST what the DR ordered to brighten the day and make you feel all warm and cuddly. What are you putting on the back?
I mean ... there are two sides to a quilt, eh?? LOL

I bought this kit online -- now I know why it was so inexpensive and they didn't show the fabrics clearly -- Live and learn.

This is what was sent for the backing. I think if I woke up to this in a hospital room, I'd want the barf pan ready....

WARNING: This picture is not for weak of heart! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27625.jpe