Old 06-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by miriam
I'm in hog heaven. I bought a used Elna SU back in 1975 and wore it out (seriously) by 1992. I borrowed a Good House Keeper - then someone bought a Viking for me so I gave back the GHK. When DD moved out I let her have the Viking and bought a Janome - HATED it. Then found a Singer 401G in the trash - fell in love (not at first sight... I had to see past a lot of ugly first...) Then yesterday I found an Elna SU on CL for $30. I never drove so fast in my life... It is in wonderful shape and has many parts and lots of discs. AND she threw in a sewing basket full of cool goodies. I won't know what to sew on from here on out... I've never had selection before. WOW!!!
Isn't it fun? I'm finishing up one project that I started on my Janome...and I need to work on my DJ quilt that I started on my 9W....and I am determined to use that WW8 for at least ONE project before I retire her again to just being "pretty"! Have to decide what I'm going to do... :) Now that I can wind the bobbin without running back and forth to the 9W!