View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM
TanyaL

Not quite sure I understand about the senior center. Are you going to participate with the other seniors or to help out with the seniors? I wish I had a senior center close enough to go to but I guess I have my own private one with my husband and myself - no one's rude, but the TV is on all day. He's recovering from stepping on a nail that went all the way through his shoe and foot. Slow recovery, he's diabetic - has lots of pain. And we're certainly senior enough for any center. LOL.

I personally do a very lousy job on binding. All my bindings seem to get some wrinkles in them no matter what.

I wouldn't let some old biddies worry me about the size of my crocheted baby hats. Baby's heads come in all sizes even for the very little babies. I think it is wonderful that you are doing these things, it really shows a lot of love coming from a generous heart. Just sew, sew and crochet while your hands will let you and develop ear trouble if you need to. You won't be the only person at the center with selective hearing. You might even need to develop selective seeing. LOL. I'm sure God's happy with you, so who cares what some going-senile old women think? If they are widows I'll bet their husbands are looking on and laughing at them still trying to boss someone around.

Keep up your good works, and keep up your spirits. Babies and other people are depending on what you do! Tell those women to back off, you're busy!