Old 06-28-2011, 05:00 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by shelburn
Yes, you could say I belong to a renaissance riding club. It is called New Engand Aside. We collect, repair, buy and sell period side-saddle clothes, saddles and anything connected to side-saddle riding. We have been group since 1980 and have had many adventures through people we have met. It has been great. I don't ride much any more but still have my Tenn. Walker gelding. I do most of the sewing, repair of clothing an also love to copy pictures of old habits for people who want them.
Looking at your avatar, it looks like you are into horses too. My horse is 32 years old and we are growing old together!
How interesting! So you repair everything connected to side-saddling! Wow, does the group actually use the stuff and ride side saddle or do you just donate/sell after it is repaired? Sounds like a group that actually rides side saddle!

Yes, I have several horses. The oldest one is 29, my retired champion show horse. I ride almost everyday.
I love to hear the stories where people keep their horses till the end - my horses never get sold.

Nancy