View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Older Kenmores are fabulous, the newer ones, not so much. I had an old Kenmore that lastest 28 yrs! No one could refurbish it, so I bought a new one. Big mistake. It lasted 1.5 yrs and the worst sewing ever. The motor froze so the repair shop couldn't fix it. On the drive home, I stopped by the Bernina shop and luckily they were on sale, so I bought one. A friend also gave me her old White machine.
If you buy a Kenmore, buy an old one that has been refurbished. Otherwise skip Kenmore, save up and buy a Bernina- you won't regret it.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
I bought the kenmore/janome 19233 and I've had it for almost 2 years and it's been great. It's not finicky about what types of thread I use and it's been going non stop that whole time. I got the extended warranty from Sears and want to take it in just to be checked but can't stop using it long enough to do so. My old viking is in the shop and hopefully when I get it back it'll sew good and I can take my kenmore in to get a better cleaning than I can give it. I would buy another one in a heart beat. Like anything you buy; there are always a bad lemon in the batch and that's why I love extended warranties; just in case.
I bought the kenmore/janome