Thread: migraine
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 AM
leiladylei54

I have suffered from migraines since I was 7 years old. Now I am talking such bad migraines that they sometimes had to hospitalize me because I didn't know what I was doing. After all the years of migraines interfering in my life, when my children came along, I took a hard attitude against them. Mind over matter, so to speak. Anyway, when I get the aura, I take two Excedrin (the regular one as both the regular Excedrin and the Excedrin Migraine contain the same amount of ingredients), with a Mountain Dew (highest content of caffeine) and once the Mountain Dew is done, then down cups of coffee until I feel the headache on it's way out. I also exercise vigorously while experiencing the migraine (like vacuuming, mopping, or raking the yard) to get my blood pumping and rushing. Hurts like the dickens but I feel that it really does make the headache more tolerable. I used to give in to the headache (quiet, dark room with no smells which all seem to irritate the migraine more). Am now 57 years old and have learned to rule the migraine and not have the migraine rule me.