Thread: Just curious
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
romanojg

I can remember my grandmother quilting and making rugs. I have little memory of my mom but she did make us little tops and shorts when we were small. My aunt told me they were all about giving up on my mom ever learning how to sew. They'd all give her old clothes and she'd try to make us clothes and it was a mess. We lived out in the country and very little money so no one went to the store to buy fabric. Just when they had decided it was a lost cause on my mom they gave her one last outfit that belonged to one of my aunts and surprise. My mom remade it exactly as it was but in a small size for us kids. It's sad that I have very few memories of my mom but it's good because all of the ones I have are like that; great memories. I try to share w/my youngest sister because she has none of her own. Out of 5 girls Im the only one who sews or quilts. I've tried to teach my youngest sister but she just gets frustrated w/it. I think if I lived closer where we could do it more it would help. Anyhow, so we have a few generations; I have one daughter and she has done a few quilts and I have her 5 yr old son fixated w/quilting and he wants to learn real bad.