View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
kountrykreation

Originally Posted by lllog
The price may be right, but the machine isn't. They say can do a King. There's no way to get much quilt roiled up between the neck and body of the machine. When buying a long arm, it's important that the neck be high enough to roll up the quilt to the end, unless you olike unpinning it, turning it around and repinning it.

Don't waste money on something that won't do what you want. If all you want is crib size and throws, a machine like this may be ok, but not for much else.

Lanny
Have you used a Bailey? I have not completed a king on my Bailey 13, only queen (90" x 90") size with no problems and you may be correct about the throat size in regards to a king, I would not know, because I have not attempted to quilt a king first hand, however my frame will only accomodate a queen as well, just don't have the room for a frame that will accomodate a king size quilt. I did not 'waste' my money, I just don't see any reason to buy a mercedes when a chevy camaro looks better and gets the job done just as well.