View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
skippitydodahquilts

okay, so DH and I just sold our first home. Yesterday we looked at a bigger house that we fell in love with. We are prepared to make a reasonable offer, when our agent calls and says that the seller doesn't even know if she wants to sell her home! WHAT?!

I'm so upset. We've looked at almost 75 homes, and I really felt like this one was 'the one', you know? I just don't understand why someone would put a home on the market, just to jerk people around. She has until Friday to decide what she wants to do.

I've heard people living in their homes for long periods of time can get attached, but she's a 30 year old, newly divorced woman who needs to sell because she can't afford the mortgage (according to her agent). So, I don't understand what the problem is. Now I'm afraid if she does decide to stay on the market, she won't accept anything other than full asking price, which the house needs some repairs and I refuse to pay full price for something that needs necessary repairs that she should have been responsible for.

Okay, that's my two cents. I think some serious sewin' is in order for me!