View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:06 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by butterflywing
okay, i've been jabbering about hating this quilt. here's why: it's a first attempt at SO MANY points without sashing. it's my first feathers. it's my first stipples. the colors are so muddy they look like i chose them in a hole in the ground. i made it for my dsister's birthday and that's long gone. i chose the pattern for sentimental reasons, "sister's choice", and i never liked it.

after years of quilting and loving my own work, i hate this one. i do fine with other kinds of quilting designs, points, etc. but of course i chose my own colors. she likes dull colors, soooo.!

so here it is. have pity and don't be too harsh. i shouldn't have tried so many 'news' on the same project. live and sometimes learn.
OK, Butterflywing. YOU'RE being too hard on yourself. I'd love to have this quilt that you hate that is A LISTS OF FIRSTS. I could be wrapped up in it this minute as the rain comes down in buckets and we hear that there has been heavy wind damage in a nearby town. So what if your points are not perfect. Just think of all the experience you've gained as you worked on these stars. I'd bet you've learned tons of things to avoid the next time you make one of these. And your quilting is just great. The colors are different but just put a smile on my face. I wish that I were brave enough to make a quilt with these nice colors.

One of my great loves is butterflies. Now I can say that I love Butterflywing's great quilt. Be nice to yourself, relax, and make another quilt. :lol: