Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Ps 150

I..am...a...perfectionist. With that being said, I'm going nuts! A few weeks back I made two baby quilts in two weeks for my two nephews. One was a Funky Monkey 3D Pinwheel but I miscounted and ended up with enough blocks to make two baby quilts. So, when I finished the quilt top for my nephew just before dinner one night, I thought it would be perfect to finish the other top up that night before I had to quilt my nephew's quilt the next morning. I have learned my lesson on doing late night piecing.

The worst part?? First, I've been under the weather this week, so I should've known better than to quilt while I wasn't on top of my game. If I had waited until next week, I probably would've noticed the mistake at some point, in one of the stages that leads to the finished project. I finished that quilt top late at night, folded it up and set it aside. Then, today, I pressed it, pinned it and quilted it. Then, I bound it. And, as I was spraying water on my water-soluable pen markings, I realized my mistake!! Grrrr! This is killing my perfectionist side. How did I miss this??

Here's the finished quilt, but I haven't folded the binding to the back yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218296[/ATTACH]

Here's a closer look...can you spot it yet?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218297[/ATTACH]

Well, here it is. The border strips. One of them is backwards. Only one. And I didn't notice it until the last minute! AFTER I had bound it. What am I going to do??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218290.jpe   attachment-218291.jpe   attachment-218292.jpe