View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

thanks, I need to go to my sewing room and figure out what fabric I am going to use

Originally Posted by TeresaPendino
Hey everyone! How are your decisions coming? I am anxious to hear what everyone has come up with! Remember: there is no right or wrong way to do this. What works for one may not work for another. If you search the forums and the internet, you will find many different methods. I am no expert by any means! I am a beginner and have so much respect for all the talented people in the quilting world! I have a thirst for knowledge and encourage everyone to voice their input whether it be constructive criticism, tips, advice, opinions.. all are welcomed with a :) I have a whole lot to learn myself!

With that being said, the reason I had started this thread/project was to share a method that I found easy as a beginner. I was so excited to be able to accomplish this. I used to think it was impossible for someone w/as little knowledge of sewing as I to be able to do it. Needless to say, my finished product may not be as beautiful as the more experienced quilter, but I am proud of myself :) I want to show other beginners that they can do this, too!

Let us know if you are joining the journey or just following along. We are more than glad to have all of you and welcome your input with tons of gratitude :) We are going to take it nice and slow.. one step at a time.

Todays to do: Cut 4 (9.5" square of solid) and 4 (2.5" square of print) Iron using steam.

Tip: I used a 9.5 inch square ruler to make that size cut.

I will have pictures posted tomorrow of the folding process. I have to update my photo program and pull them off of the camera.