View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
gotta-sew

With all this advice, I hope your not confused. Anna O has given some good advice. When your new to sewing it's true, why spend alot of money when you don't know if you will like it. Remember this, Old machines can be great, especially for someone that already knows machines and how and what to adjust to achive the stitch you want. But the perk to a new one is....you don't have to have that previous experience. You choose a stitch and if it is a computerised one. You are already there, you can adjust it, but you don't have to. I have owned a varity of different machines of various brands, Singer Featherweight, Singer 401A, Necci, Bernina, Babylock. I think what everyone on this board hopes for is that you are happy with your choice.(I don't mean to presume to speak for everyone,it's just the jest I get from reading the different comments.)
Don't over buy and don't under buy. How do you know the differance? Ease of use, training, support. We all do this because we love it. We love and have built a relationship with our machines.....all of them, old and new. We want you to have the same joyful experience we have. We would hope you won't be frustrated, that can lead to quiting. None of us would want that. I look forward to seeing and feeling your up and comming love for sewing/quilting. Keep us posted.