Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
My mom "moved on" two years ago, but she was my partner in crime. We hunted machines together, and had a fabulous time cleaning and working on them. I'm more into the mechanical side of things, but Mom loved the woodworking. I have cabinets that she refinished when she was nearly 90. She sold off most of her machines before she moved into senior housing, but she probably had 40 or so at that time.
She stayed about a year and a half in senior housing, absolutely hated it, and at the age of 90, bought a home clear out in the middle of nowhere. She always said she bought the garage, and a house came with it. (It WAS a nice garage!!) When she died, she still had a Red Eye, a VS II, a 101 and her favorite machine of all, a 15-91, in addition to her modern machines, which she didn't particularly like. I found good homes for her favorites with granddaughters and a DIL.
Wow, Miz Johnny, I am always envious of people who got to spend so much time with their parents doing something they both loved! My Mother and Dad were in their mid 70's when they both died. I'd of loved to be able to do the vintage machines with my mom! Dad and I always did the horse thing, it would have been so nice if Mom and I could of done the vintage machine thing. I really thought after Dad died that Mom and I would have that time - it just was not meant to be.

Your mother sounds like a real kick in the pants type of person!

Nancy