View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
kimv44

I give up! I am no longer going to pretend that being a 'kitchen table quilter' is all butterflies and roses!! I love the fabrics.. the designs.. the planning the piecing the quilting.. what I don't like.. the basting!!

Tonight I am pin basting a twin size quilt for my 5 year old... and despite the fact that I have a room dedicated to my quilting.. (well almost, I kinda took over the dining room) and that I have two 6 foot by approx 3 foot tables that I unfold and put together to make a fairly large square table surface ... I still can't properly pin baste without lumps and bumps.

I have pinned projects to the carpet before.. but, it's 90 degrees here and I am not loving how hot it is kneeling on the floor ... not to mention that the second I put a blanket on the floor two lovable labs decide that it is their chance to look as cute as possible and roll around on it with me...

I am thinking of putting together one of those "make your own quilt frame" frames that I see online.. buying a frame already made is cost prohibitive for me.. heck I can sometimes barely afford the fabric : ] ..

Anyone have luck with those quilt frame projects?
Any other tips and tricks you long time quilters have for me?

My husband has been trying to dream up ways to build me something or tricks to help me.. but not being a quilter himself his well-meaning assistance is kind but not hitting the mark....

I look forward to all your experienced tips : ]
Kim