Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Miz Johnny~~ thank you so much for sharing the story about your Mom. She sounds wonderful and as though she was a kick in the pants. What fun you two had. I am sure you miss her.

Soon I will traveling to see my Mom and packing my FW. I am pretty sure she has never seen one but I know for sure she has never sewn on one. I think she will like it.

It is because of my Mom and her aunt that I enjoy sewing today. My great Aunt owned a wedding/formal gown factory with her DH. My Mom used to work for her in the summers to earn money. Of course, my GA was meticulous about basting with pins, with thread and then sewing the seam... also, about not putting pins in your mouth~~which I still do to this day! When she died she had many of the factory industrial sewing machines of various sorts in her home. I could have had any of them if I paid freight. The time for me of raising a family left me without funds to do so and they were sold. I have longed for those machines so much throughout the years. Hopefully, someone has rescued them.