View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
My puzzle is, why don't they have carts?
My guess is that there just isn't room for fabric, people and carts. I have rheumatoid arthritis and have trouble maneuvering, but have no problem at Mary Jo's. You can choose your fabric and then bring the bolts to the nearby cutting counter, and "stack" them. When you're ready to be cut (or before) the wonderful ladies will be happy to oblige. Then, if you find you need more, you can just add to your cutting slip. I'd rather have more fabric than room for carts!!! :lol: :lol:

Got an answer from my e-mail and here is what it said: No shopping carts because of room, but they do have carts that they use for stocking, and if someone needed one to lean on etc: they would be glad to provide it. Also if group is coming, you can call ahead and they will be glad to help in any way they can.You can call ahead and the # is !-800-629-9100

This is not a fancy quilt shop with all the trimmings. This is a place to buy the same material at much better prices. The quilt shops that I have been to, have 20 or 30 blues to choose from. Mary Jo's has hundreds to choose from, just an example. That is one of the reasons it takes so much longer on line to shop there. When I go I am in the Zone, there to buy as much material as I can with the money I have! It's serious business for me folks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So hope this has answered some of your questions. Oh and by the way, I do not work for Mary Jo's. Just sharing the love of Quilting! :D

Ninnie